Advancing 3D Interactive SLR, Storm Surge, Flooding and Wildland Fire Software and Modeling for Emergency Management planning, Land use planning and Climate Change mitigation/adaptation.
Suggested skills expertise, and requirements:
- Ability to research, write and convert scientific concepts to user-friendly information.
- An eye for detail and good visualization skills
- Ability to take feedback and make changes as required.
- Basic knowledge of 3D model design, animation, web hosting, and multimedia
- Good communication skills; written, verbal and formal presentation
- Personal time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Python is an asset.
- Knowledge of WebGL libraries, GIS technologies and React is an asset.
- If Indigenous, please self identify.
About Stevens Solutions & Design Inc. 3D Wave Design
Advancing 3D Interactive SLR, Storm Surge, Flooding and Wildland Fire Software and Modeling for Emergency Management planning, Land use planning and Climate Change mitigation/adaptation. 3D Wave Design has developed close relationships with environmental, First Nations and applied geomatics research groups, particularly in relation to wildfire and inland flood risk assessments and global warming induced sea-level rise prediction and simulation. SS&DI/3DWave’s 3D proprietary LiDAR ingestion software/WebGL visualizations have been used by Atlantic Canadian towns, Municipalities and First Nation communities to demonstrate risks and to develop engineered mitigation solutions for council and public review.