Hiring a fulltime position with the Halifax Class Frigate In-Service Support (ISS) integration and test team in our CFB Stadacona, Halifax location once the necessary security clearances have been granted by the Government of Canada. The Candidate will be involved in the total engineering life cycle from specification, design, development, and integration and test.
The Candidate will function in a multi-disciplined team environment. Will take advantage of advanced engineering practices and modern technologies to design, develop and integrate combat systems. The candidate will participate in all appropriate testing activities including but not limited to:
- Produce test and trial procedures, to verify Combat Management System (CMS) upgrades and subsystem upgrades
- Perform General System testing
- Identify and resolve Combat System interface issues
- Analyze test results and report findings as necessary to isolate failures found during integration and functional testing
- Collaborating on system design activities
- Work with minimum supervision and following common company processes.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Degree from an accredited university in a related discipline and equivalent experience or combined education with
5-8 years professional experience will be considered or military/civilian technical training with 5-8 years of professional experience
- Must be willing to support schedule environment including evenings and weekends as required
- Aptitude for solving challenging problems in a team environment
- Have a high degree of initiative and autonomy
- Have a high learning ability
- Must be able to obtain a Secret level security Clearance
- Ability to adapt and perform in a dynamic environment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 98,000 people worldwide, including nearly 1,000 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 75 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of major programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.