Hi, we’re Maplewave!
We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right – for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
Maplewave’s People & Culture team is growing, and we are excited to see our team strengthened with the addition of this new role. We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to help shape and define our recruitment and onboarding processes, spotlighting the value of a stellar candidate experience. This is an exciting role as you will work with every function within the company, collaborating with all departments to help them find the missing piece to their team puzzle. You are innovative and creative and will emulate the values of Maplewave’s culture that we so highly covet. You have a passion for attracting and onboarding people that will thrive in Maplewave’s positive, fun, and high-performing culture. The tech industry is busy and fast paced, but we also have fun while we work – and we hope you will too.
This is a remote position based in Canada.
What to Expect:
- Create an inclusive, engaging, and fun recruitment experience for all applicants.
- Lead all things talent acquisition, including the full lifecycle of recruitment, and onboarding – globally.
- Collaborate with department leaders to gather job requirements, update job descriptions, and write captivating job postings.
- Screen resumes, and coordinate interviews and background checks.
- Research innovative and unique ways to continually improve our candidate experience. What recruitment trends are happening in tech? How can we ensure our candidates have the best experience they’ve ever had? These are the questions we want you to answer!
- Roll out the red carpet for new Maplewavers. Curate an amazing onboarding experience that will both inspire and excite to ensure our new hires feel part of the family, even before day 1.
- Actively support the hiring process in co-operation with outsourcing partners around the world. Yes, the world!
- Promote Maplewave’s culture through the development of new programs and organizing employee engagement activities/events to ensure the culture is always growing and improving – our culture means everything to us.
- Bring new ideas to the table and help implement new processes and tools to make us better, faster, and able to support more people.
- Participate in the development, delivery and coordination of trade shows and career fairs.
- Stay ahead of the curve – analyze data to discover hidden opportunities and explore new recruitment trends.
- Other key initiatives as required, because hey, tech changes fast and we need to change with it.
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- Degree/diploma in Business with a concentration in Human Resources or a related field of studies, with a combination of relevant work experience in the HR field.
- 2+ years recruitment experience. Bonus points if you’ve worked in tech.
- An unmatched passion for culture and a desire to make a difference.
- Be able to recommend creative solutions to unfamiliar, complex situations – even if they go against the grain.
- Be excited by building relationships with today’s top talent – our people make our company, and we value that.
- Possess a true passion for people and discovering what makes them tick.
- Be goal driven – you take a task and run with little supervision.
- Have a strong understanding of provincial and federal employment standards/legislation.
- Recruitment can be chaotic at times with multiple candidates, interview schedules, timelines, and demands. Strong time management and multitasking skills is a must!
- Have a demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess strong Microsoft Suite knowledge and skills, such as OneDrive, SharePoint, Planner, etc.
- Group benefits plan from day one.
- Generous health spending account.
- Paid time off.
- 35-hr work week.
- RRSP Matching.
- Maternity Leave Top Up.
- Half-day Fridays in August.
- On-going training & development platform.
- Social clubs to connect people who share the same hobbies and interests…. Burger Club anyone?
Can you remember the last great retail experience you had? At Maplewave, we believe a fast, exciting, immersive, in-store retail experience will create long-term relationships between a Telco provider and their customers. Through the development of innovative products, exceptional service, and a customer-focused culture, we are revolutionizing Telco retail. Our team of extraordinarily talented people have built cutting-edge products and services that transform and humanize the retail experience – and we’re growing fast! We’re sure you’ll love working here.
Maplewave values diversity and inclusiveness and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so in their cover letter.
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Reference # TA100