Does this sound like you? We are searching for someone who likes to solve problems. Someone who looks a challenge in the eye and not only has the skills to tackle it, but knows how to lift their team to feel like they can tackle anything the world brings them. We need someone inspiring and dedicated who is excited to work with leading edge software and a broad range of customer demographics. If you love communicating with other professionals and excel at cultivating lasting relationships, our Support Team wants you. This position may involve travel upon release of public health guidelines.
Position Description: As our Technical Support Manager, you will oversee, manage and maintain our support department aimed at delivering and supporting our technical solutions, diagnosing and troubleshooting problems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Managing the support team
- Managing overall communication to clients
- Mentor and train team members on communication techniques both oral and written, for effective client interaction
- Ensuring timely resolution to issues ensuring that SLA’s are met and all customers are happy
- Provide weekly reports and updates to management
- Openly share knowledge, skills, and insights with others
- Manage Support ticketing system
- Comfortable calling customers and key stakeholders to discuss tickets and service incidents
- Manage budgets
- Answering technical support inquiries
- Replicating and identifying customer issues
- Utilizing appropriate troubleshooting methods and tools to resolve issues
- Providing timely follow up to customers and internal staff on customer issues – communication
- Updating and managing call tickets
- Participating in the staging, preparation and commissioning of servers and networking hardware for shipping
- Participating in on-call/off-site activities as required
- Executing Test Cases as part of Quality Assurance
- Managing projects and time effectively
- Carrying on-call phone on regular rotation
- Consistent customer satisfaction ratings (customer and staff feedback)
The successful candidate must have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal skills including, mentoring, coaching, presentation skills
- The ability to interact with colleagues at all technical and business levels
- Be customer success oriented
- Display a cooperative and professional attitude
- Be team player
- Adhere to confidentiality
- Obtain a background check
- Has valid documents for domestic and international travel and ability to travel to remote customer sites if required.
- A valid driver’s license
The candidate will have the following technical qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or Community College certificate
- 5+ years experience in managing a technical support team
- 5+ years experience in a LINUX environment
- Experience in C, Perl/CGI
- Experience with SQL database experience (Postgres, MySQL)
- Experience with consumer/residential IOT hardware
- Strong understanding of networking concepts; TCP/IP communications, UDP, sockets etc.
- Strong understands WLANs and other wireless networks
- Ability to perform audit wireless site and ensure viability with network and recommend solutions for incompatibility.
- Quick to adapt to new technologies and able to grasp complex business processes.
- Experience with communications programming is considered an asset
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
SolutionInc Managed Internet Gateway Platform enables establishments to provide a fully customizable public Wi-Fi access solution. Our flexible and scalable business models can be applied to meet any corporate branding requirements. Our secure platform features full PMS integration, limitless users, detailed system monitoring and reporting dashboards, advanced authentication and payment methods, and comprehensive business intelligence.