What you’ll do, responsibilities
Due to continued growth, we are hiring a full time Senior Human Resource Consultant to assist our clients. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Provide guidance to our clients based on organizational needs, provincial legislation and best human resource practices.
- Manage client recruitment processes including job postings, post promotion, screening, interviews, background checks, offer negotiation and conversations with unsuccessful candidates.
- Policy development including researching trends, writing new content and customizing current templates for clients.
- Develop human resource programs (performance management, talent planning, recognition programs, etc.) and create associated forms, tools and templates.
- Conduct compensation research, surveys and develop compensation programs.
- Analyze roles, write job descriptions and conduct job evaluations.
- Coordinate client payroll and benefit administration processes, reporting and general support.
- Assisting with business development activities including but not limited to client discovery calls, identifying project scope/timelines, and occasional networking.
- Other administrative tasks like logging hours in the time tracking system (Clockify), managing our applicant tracking system (ATS) and maintaining employee files on behalf of our clients.
What you’ll need qualifications
While our entire team resides in HRM, we work virtually in an effort to minimize our carbon footprint and remain flexible for our clients. We typically meet for team meetings 1-2 times per month and there are occasional onsite meetings or training sessions with clients. The best fit for our team is someone who is incredibly client-focused, can work independently, and builds genuine relationships with colleagues and clients.
Specific qualifications include:
- 5+ years’ experience in human resources
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation
- Experience in 3 or more of the following functional areas: recruitment, payroll, employment law, program development, compensation, payroll and/or benefits.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or willingness to pursue is considered an asset but not required.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to identify and follow up on variances in data, process and communication with clients.
- Must have a proven track record delivering superior client satisfaction whether that is external clients or internal stakeholders in your organization.
- Have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and be comfortable driving within HRM and occasionally to other areas of mainland Nova Scotia (no overnight travel expected).
- Consulting experience is not required but could be an asset in this role.
- We’re looking for core SkillsPolicy Writing Employee Recognition Performance Management Talent Acquisition Talent Management Compensation Structures Compensation & Benefit Recruiting
Are you interested? Work With Us
- Flexibility and ownership of personal time
- Opportunity for exposure to all areas of our business
- Work within a fun, close-knit team who support one another
- Professional growth and involvement with various organizations across all industries
uptreeHR was founded by Sarah Mullins after 20 years managing employees and leading the HR function in various companies across multiple industries. They help small business owners manage their employees so they can increase company performance and reduce their risk. This may include developing and assisting in the hiring process, strategy development and implementation, policy development, employee management, and employee terminations.