In partnership with Venor, O’Regan’s is searching for an IT Operations Specialist to join their expanding IT division. Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and the Consumer Choice Award winner for New Car Dealer and Pre-Owned Dealer for Halifax for ten years in a row, O’Regan’s is looking to add to their growing IT division.
Now with over 800+ employees with 22 brand partnerships, O’Regan’s has gone through significant change since beginning in 1915. Their IT support has played a critical part in their business growth and success, and the IT Operations Specialist will play an important part in their overall mission of customer satisfaction and retention.
The successful candidate will have over five years of experience in an IT management or operational role. You will work to drive continued success and improvement of O’Regan’s IT Operations and uphold O’Regan’s values of collaboration, teamwork, and respect.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with human resources to ensure user management is handled effectively
- Managing the help desk system to ensure tickets are prioritized and completed in a timely manner
- Managing end-user hardware and software inventory and performing automated software delivery
- Recording and managing technical and procedural documentation
- Generating reports on various aspects of the systems and department
- Escalating and following through on advanced technical issues
- Producing standard images for endpoint deployment, as needed
- Planning, managing, and participating in technical projects, as needed
What we are looking for:
- 5 years of experience in IT, preferably in a large IT environment
- Excellent communication and versatility and relationship-building skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong technical ability with a proven track record
- Ability to keep projects on track and adapt to changing conditions
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and familiarity with User Management consoles
- Experience managing Cisco Unified Communications platform
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Exchange Online management
- Experience managing IT management systems
- Knowledge of report generation systems and SQL
What’s in it for you:
- Be part of a resilient, high-performing regional organization
- Join a team that is connected to and aligned with the business agenda
- Act as a key member of an effective team with internal growth opportunity
- Work with and be exposed to industry-standard technologies
- Competitive salary, perks, and benefits
Venor is a relationship-centric recruitment firm and talent partner. Whether it’s bringing a key leader back to the Maritimes from their experience abroad or helping a local company expand their operations internationally, we find success through the success of our clients and the talent we represent. Venor offers professional and executive search, early-stage talent career preparation, as well as career management services in Atlantic Canada and beyond.