VERB is a digital marketing agency with our head office located in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our global clients offer the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest destinations, resorts, and travel brands—and with our employee travel credit, it’s easy to experience them for yourself. We take a balanced approach to work/life and have fun at the office– or wherever we happen to be working. We are passionate about exceeding expectations and we thrive on jobs other agencies might find too big, or too difficult, or too fast.
Sound good? Great, here’s who we’re looking for…
We are looking for a Project Manager who will provide our clients and colleagues with a proactive, strategic, measurable and organized approach to holistic marketing strategies and product implementation. This role partners project management, business analysis skills, and effective communication skills to ensure that the necessary information of a project is delivered to the key stakeholders while keeping projects moving and within scope. The Project Manager works with internal teams to manage deliverables, but also owns client relationships providing excellent client service throughout every stage of work. This position would be part of our Project Delivery Team, and reports to our Director of Project Delivery.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with all VERB Internal departments on key projects and process efficiency including, Discovery, Design, Marketing, Development, QA, and IT Operations
- Work closely with projects and the Account Directors to ensure total service delivery excellence in meeting deadlines, budgets, and quality assurance
- Create and maintain project schedules, internal and external status reports, risk and issues logs.
- Act as the project expert/product owner who has an intimate understanding of the entire solution
- Plan and facilitate client workshops and requirements gathering meetings
- Define and prioritize requirements for web projects using various needs analysis techniques
- Craft requirements documents with technical specifications, functionalities, and/or user stories
- Translates conceptual ideas into technically feasible CMS web solutions
- Administrator and/or build new web pages, make changes to existing modules, implement modules/widgets/content templates, research new modules or enhancements within WordPress and/or Drupal Content Management Systems
- Oversee the implementation of campaigns for clients, this may be small, one-off social media campaigns or large-scale integrated marketing campaigns
- Working closely with the Project Delivery Team, there will be the opportunity to help shape processes used throughout the organization.
- Act as a client advocate and manage internal communications throughout project lifecycle
- Design and deliver end-user technical documentation and training
- Document processes and techniques for use on future projects
- Frequent communications with VERB Director of Project Delivery for escalation, resourcing/budget concerns, etc
- Must possess at least 2 years of experience with project management responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree/equivalent in business administration or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience implementing Agile project management methodologies
- Experience developing requirements, use cases, user stories, etc
- Experience working with a Content Management System (CMS) within an agency setting (WordPress and Drupal)
- Knowledge of project delivery processes, including Discover, Definition, Design, Develop, Deploy
- Willingness and attitude to help project teams find workable and pragmatic solutions
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization
Would be an asset:
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Business Analysis Certificate
Our benefits are anything but basic, with vacation time available on day one (not to mention an extra bonus week during the holidays), an annual travel credit (for non-work related travel), and free office snacks and drinks to keep you energized when you’re around.
In addition, we offer the following and are consistently looking for new ways to enhance the benefits we offer to our team:
- 100% premium share option for Group Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), with a health spending account to top up your claims
- Company matching RRSP program
- Top up for Parental/Pregnancy leave
- Remote and flexible work arrangements
- Transit and fitness discounts
- Recreational sports teams
- Learning and development opportunities with a multitude of resources
- Internal recognition programs
- Weekly fresh fruit deliveries to the office
- A farm share program providing fresh fruit and veggies for our team and their families!
Apply for this job
VERB is a conversion-focused agency, bringing real revenue to your travel business through digital marketing. We create beautiful, immersive platforms that drive measurable results for your business.