VERB is a digital marketing agency located in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our global clients offer the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest destinations, resorts, and travel brands—and with our employee travel credit, it’s easy to experience them for yourself. We take a balanced approach to work/life and have fun at the office– or wherever we happen to be working from. We are passionate about exceeding expectations and we thrive on jobs other agencies might find too big, or too difficult, or too fast
Sound good? Great, here’s who we’re looking for…
You are a well-rounded designer but have a special interest in all things digital. You have experience working with brands to develop their digital presence and know what it means to collaborate. You dabble in UX, understand campaigns, and can think through problems that come your way. You care about the work; about great design. If you want to create awesome work for some of the most exciting brands in the global travel and luxury space,
Here’s your chance.
What You’ll Do
Our Designers are visual storytellers, working closely with their team members to bring our clients’ visions to life. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Producing effective, visually stunning designs across all types of media
- Sharing opinions, ideas, and offering input during creative meetings
- Collaborating with the UX team members on interface design, from conception through implementation
- Collaborating across the agency to continually push the standards of creative
- Maintaining a high standard of design and ensure that only the best work is released for review
- Overseeing specific design projects, from conception to delivery
- Staying up-to-date with industry developments and tools
The ideal candidate for this role is a multifaceted, collaborative designer who can work on everything from full website builds to integrated digital marketing campaigns. In short, like the rest of our creative team, we are looking for people who are passionate about what they do and want to push digital experiences that both the industry and our client’s clients will talk about.
- 6-10 years of proven experience in digital design
- An outstanding portfolio presenting a diverse range of digital creative – an online portfolio is a must!
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite, as well as tools like Sketch, Figma, and Invision
- Excellent visual design skills
- Knowledge of branding, communications, and digital marketing
- Proficient in campaign conceptualization and production – from start to finish
- An understanding of UX design
- Video Storyboarding and Editing Skills are a definite asset.
- Knowledge of how web development can affect design is a must
- HTML5 & CSS experience is an asset
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team – you’ll need to do both here – you can run with a task as well as communicate and collaborate
- A strong conceptual thinker. Creative team members are expected to not just flawlessly execute ideas, but also be a part of the initial creative process
Of course, we offer the basic benefits (vacation, sick time, health and dental, professional development), however, we are proud to offer additional perks such as:
- Company Matching RRSP Program
- Yearly travel credit
- Remote and flexible working arrangements
- Transit discounts
- Fitness discounts
- Free office snacks and drinks
- Recreational sports teams
- Health spending account
- Farm share program
- Recognition rewards
About VERB Interactive Inc.
VERB is a conversion-focused agency, bringing real revenue to your travel business through digital marketing. We create beautiful, immersive platforms that drive measurable results for your business.