VERB is a digital marketing agency located in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our global clients offer the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest destinations, resorts, and travel brands—and with our employee travel credit, it’s easy to experience them for yourself. We take a balanced approach to work/life and have fun at the office– or wherever we happen to be working. We are passionate about exceeding expectations and we thrive on jobs other agencies might find too big, or too difficult, or too fast.
Sound good? Great, here’s who we’re looking for…
VERB is looking for a Director of Social Media to join our team!
The Director of Social Media will oversee and lead the Social Media team at VERB. They will develop a long-term vision for the team and ensure team members are aligned and working toward that vision. The Director will champion creativity, best practices, and big-picture thinking. They will develop client strategies, build relationships, and ensure all clients receive a consistent, quality and creative standard of work. The Director will be responsible for the growth and development of social team members including regular check-ins, providing feedback, conducting performance reviews, and identifying opportunities for growth.
What you will do:
- Oversee the social media team, manage employee growth, and act as coach and mentor to teammates
- Develop strategies and processes for client accounts as they relate to social content, monitoring, reporting and creative
- Stay on top of best practices, new social channels and new strategies, and keep clients up-to-date on developments
- Coordinate with other teams – SEO, Organic Content, Analytics, Creative, Accounts – to ensure clients are receiving top-quality deliverables on time and on budget
- Oversee the creation of client annual and quarterly plans based on research and analysis
- Submit qualifying work for awards entries
- Work with the creative team to generate new ideas and content
- Support the team by writing blog posts and create content as required
- Understand and manage budgets/timelines/project scope, in particular, client service retainers
- Write statements of work and proposals
- Contribute to new business presentations/pitches and RFP responses
- 6-8 years experience in the marketing/advertising industry with a focus on social media marketing
- Post-secondary education with a focus on advertising, marketing, journalism, communications, or business
- Experience successfully leading a team and mentoring colleagues
- Experience managing client retainer budgets and project budgets, preparing quotes/estimates
- Highly organized and able to function in a fast-paced business environment
- Proven experience developing and executing highly creative and effective social media and editorial content, strategies, and campaigns
- Highly meticulous and detail-oriented
- Stays up-to-date and informed on the latest digital trends
- Analytical experience – updating and reviewing a dashboard, pulling insights from data and using data to inform recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to create and present creative ideas and solutions to both clients and internal management
About VERB Interactive Inc.
VERB is a conversion-focused agency, bringing real revenue to your travel business through digital marketing. We create beautiful, immersive platforms that drive measurable results for your business.