VERB is a digital marketing agency located in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our global clients offer the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest destinations, resorts, and travel brands—and with our employee travel credit, it’s easy to experience them for yourself. We take a balanced approach to work/life and have fun at the office– or wherever we happen to be working. We are passionate about exceeding expectations and we thrive on jobs other agencies might find too big, or too difficult, or too fast
Sound good? Great, here’s who we’re looking for…
VERB is looking for a Local SEO Coordinator to join our growing SEO team. The Local SEO Coordinator creates and publishes content on Google My Business, Yext and citation sites across the Internet, helping to build a consistent online presence for VERB’s clients and driving organic search traffic to their websites. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, then why not join one of the most innovative marketing agencies in the tourism and hospitality sector. You’ll collaborate with marketing strategists, writers, social media marketers, and SEO strategists to increase search visibility for VERB’s clients around the world.
What You Will Do
- Manage the day-to-day local SEO activities for multiple clients
- Maintain and update GMB/Yext listings, build citations and develop local keyword tracking campaigns
- Assist with reporting local SEO results to clients
- Work with other SEO team members to evolve local SEO optimization strategies and tactics
- Create and publish content on GMB, including selecting images, writing and editing posts
- Assist in the development of GMB content planning and strategies to increase brand awareness, audience, and customer engagement
- Stay up to date on local SEO trends and research, presenting new opportunities or ideas to the SEO team
- Manage local SEO administrative tasks, including maintaining local campaign activity calendars
- Work closely with other teams such as Creative, Social, Content, Paid and Analytics to ensure local campaigns are optimized and strategies are coordinated across marketing channels
- Perform other SEO tasks as assigned by the Local SEO Specialist or SEO Team Lead
- 0-2 years’ experience in the marketing/advertising industry
- Post-secondary education, preferably with a focus on communications, marketing, public relations or journalism
- Demonstrated writing and content creation experience
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to prioritize, manage and meet multiple deadlines
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Previous experience managing GMB listings and/or social media campaigns
- Knowledge of online marketing tactics, SEO and social media best practices
- Results driven, energetic, resourceful and proactive with superior interpersonal skills
- Naturally inquisitive and stays current with trends in the world of digital and social marketing
- Previous experience managing GMB or Yext listings and experience with BrightLocal (or equivalent) considered an asset
Our benefits are anything but basic, with vacation time available on day one (not to mention an extra bonus week during the holidays), an annual travel credit (for non-work-related travel), and free office snacks and drinks to keep you energized when you’re around.
In addition, we offer the following and are consistently looking for new ways to enhance the benefits we offer to our team:
- 100% premium share option for Group Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), with a health spending account to top up your claims
- Company matching RRSP program
- Top up for Parental/Pregnancy leave
- Remote and flexible work arrangements
- Transit and fitness discounts
- Recreational sports teams
- Learning and development opportunities with a multitude of resources
- Internal recognition programs
- Weekly fresh fruit deliveries to the office
- A farm share program providing fresh fruit and veggies for our team and their families!
About VERB Interactive Inc.
VERB is a conversion-focused agency, bringing real revenue to your travel business through digital marketing. We create beautiful, immersive platforms that drive measurable results for your business.