VERB is a digital marketing agency located in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our global clients offer the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest destinations, resorts, and travel brands—and with our employee travel credit, it’s easy to experience them for yourself. We take a balanced approach to work/life and have fun at the office– or wherever we happen to be working. We are passionate about exceeding expectations and we thrive on jobs other agencies might find too big, or too difficult, or too fast
Sound good? Great, here’s who we’re looking for…
VERB is looking for a Senior Drupal Developer to join our integrated marketing and technology team.
As a Senior Drupal Developer, you will guide and establish best practices, architect code, and collaborate on the development of platform builds. You’ll have the opportunity to be involved in all facets of the project lifecycle and will collaborate with other disciplines to explain how proposed solutions apply to the larger business objectives. You are able to build and design the architecture of a project and take ownership of meeting technical objectives and deliverables.
What You Will Do
- Architect, create, debug, and enhance web-based platforms
- Build and integrate websites, components, modules, and third-party applications
- Write well designed, testable, and efficient code following software development best practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Work closely with project team across all disciplines to analyze and understand user needs, to implement website content, graphics, performance, and capacity
- Provide input to the creative team during the design stage to reflect proper interactive capabilities, UX, CMS functionality, and other technical considerations
- Participate in regular project stand-ups and sprint reviews
- Participate in and/or conduct code reviews
- 5+ years professional experience in web development
- Experience with Drupal 8/9 and strong PHP, MySQL and JS
- Experience using Git version control best practices
- Experience using LAMP-stack technologies
- Familiar with modern PHP development practices and tools including PHP 7, composer, and packagist
- Experience creating custom components/modules/plug-ins to integrate with CMS-based websites
- Understanding of basic Linux/Unix commands
- Familiarity with Web infrastructure technologies like SSL and DNS
- Strong problem-solving skills and a broad knowledge of web development techniques and principles
- Knowledge of current web trends and standards including accessibility and data privacy
- The ability to work across multiple projects without compromising quality
- Eagerness to participate in team status meetings and brainstorming sessions
- The ability to communicate project and task status and any issues to internal and external stakeholders
Our benefits are anything but basic, with vacation time available on day 1 (not to mention an extra bonus week during the holidays), an annual travel credit (for non-work-related travel), and free office snacks and drinks to keep you energized when you’re around.
In addition, we offer the following and are consistently looking for new ways to enhance the benefits we offer to our team:
- 100% premium share option for Group Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), with a health spending account to top up your claims
- Company matching RRSP program
- Top up for Parental/Pregnancy leave
- Remote and flexible work arrangements
- Transit and fitness discounts
- Recreational sports teams
- Learning and development opportunities with a multitude of resources
- Internal recognition programs
- Weekly fresh fruit deliveries to the office
- A farm share program providing fresh fruit and veggies for our team and their families!
About VERB Interactive Inc.
VERB is a conversion-focused agency, bringing real revenue to your travel business through digital marketing. We create beautiful, immersive platforms that drive measurable results for your business.