About the job
VERB is a digital marketing agency located in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our global clients offer the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest destinations, resorts, and travel brands—and with our employee travel credit, it’s easy to experience them for yourself. We take a balanced approach to work/life and have fun at the office– or wherever we happen to be working. We are passionate about exceeding expectations and we thrive on jobs other agencies might find too big, or too difficult, or too fast.
Sound good? Great, here’s who we’re looking for…
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Front-End Developer to join our marketing-focused team that will play a key role in helping architect and implement user interfaces for our stack of consumer-facing web applications.
Do you love working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy the balance between polishing UI and shipping at startup speed? Do you also enjoy working with marketers, designers, projects team members and are able to have a healthy dialogue with them around matching expectations with practical considerations, taking care to deliver experiences that are usable, performant, and accessible? If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
What You Will Do
- Architect and deliver a high-quality experience to the end-user while maintaining a healthy codebase
- Identify and optimize applications for performance and scalability issues
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people with different expertise, working across many departments
- Participate in regular project stand-ups and sprint reviews
- Participate in and/or lead conduct code reviews
- Experience with working REST APIs and GraphQL is a plus
- Familiarity with CMS systems such as WordPress, Drupal, or Contentful is a plus
- Has a deep appreciation for accessibility and performance, and keeps these at the forefront of their mind while developing new UIs
- Loves a Git-centric workflow with continuous deployment and solid tooling
- Is unafraid of digging into new tools, frameworks, and platforms
- Gives and receives feedback with regard to technical concerns
Our benefits are anything but basic, with vacation time available on day one (not to mention an extra bonus week during the holidays), an annual travel credit (for non-work related travel), and free office snacks and drinks to keep you energized when you’re around.
In addition, we offer the following and are consistently looking for new ways to enhance the benefits we offer to our team
- 100% premium share option for Group Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), with a health spending account to top up your claims
- Company matching RRSP program
- Top up for Parental/Pregnancy leave
- Remote and flexible work arrangements
- Transit and fitness discounts
- Recreational sports teams
- Learning and development opportunities with a multitude of resources
- Internal recognition programs
- Weekly fresh fruit deliveries to the office
- A farm share program providing fresh fruit and veggies for our team and their families!
About VERB Interactive Inc.
VERB is a conversion-focused agency, bringing real revenue to your travel business through digital marketing. We create beautiful, immersive platforms that drive measurable results for your business.