VERB is a digital marketing agency located in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our global clients offer the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world’s biggest destinations, resorts, and travel brands—and with our employee travel credit, it’s easy to experience them for yourself. We take a balanced approach to work/life and have fun at the office– or wherever we happen to be working. We are passionate about exceeding expectations and we thrive on jobs other agencies might find too big, or too difficult, or too fast.
Sound good? Great, here’s who we’re looking for…
VERB is looking for a dynamic and passionate Social Media & Content Strategist to join our growing team.
As a Social Media & Content Strategist, you will plan and implement strategic, data-driven content and tactics across social channels and blogs for our clients. Working closely with and supporting the Social Media Team Lead, you will ensure all clients receive a consistent, quality and creative standard of work.
What You Will Do:
- Develop strategies and processes for client accounts as they relate to social content, monitoring, reporting and creative
- Research best practices, new social channels and new strategies and keep clients up to date on these developments
- Coordinate with other teams – SEO, Organic Content, Analytics, Creative, Accounts – to ensure clients are receiving deliverables on-time, on-budget, and of the utmost quality
- Create client annual and quarterly plans based on research and analysis
- Create and maintain editorial calendars
- Work with the creative team to generate new ideas and content
- Write blog posts and create content, as required
- Understand and manage budgets/timelines/project scope
- Own client relationships
- Contribute to new business presentations/pitches and RFP responses
- Write statements of work and proposals
- Mentor junior colleagues
- Accurate time recording
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing/advertising industry
- Post-secondary education with a focus on advertising, marketing, journalism, communications, or business
- Highly organized with the ability to function in a fast-paced business environment
- Proven experience developing and executing highly creative and effective social media and editorial content, strategies, and campaigns
- Creative mindset
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly meticulous and detail oriented
- Avid interest in implementing new tactics and harnessing the power of new tools
- Stays up-to-date and informed on the latest digital trends
- Keen interest in measuring success by numbers and is able to share those insights with clients in an easy-to-understand way
- Demonstrated ability to create and present creative ideas and solutions to both clients and internal management
Our benefits are anything but basic, with vacation time available on day one (not to mention an extra bonus week during the holidays), an annual travel credit (for non-work related travel), and free office snacks and drinks to keep you energized when you’re around.
In addition, we offer the following and are consistently looking for new ways to enhance the benefits we offer to our team:
- 100% premium share option for Group Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), with a health spending account to top up your claims
- Company matching RRSP program
- Top up for Parental/Pregnancy leave
- Remote and flexible work arrangements
- Transit and fitness discounts
- Recreational sports teams
- Learning and development opportunities with a multitude of resources
- Internal recognition programs
- Weekly fresh fruit deliveries to the office
- A farm share program providing fresh fruit and veggies for our team and their families!
About VERB Interactive Inc.
VERB is a conversion-focused agency, bringing real revenue to your travel business through digital marketing. We create beautiful, immersive platforms that drive measurable results for your business.