Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 90 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes Wattpad, Wattpad Labs, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
We’re currently looking for an Account Manager to join our Wattpad Brand Partnerships Account Management team! As a critical member of the team, you’ll lead the development and execution of brand campaigns, from creative ideation sessions and proposal writing all the way through to final reporting. You’ll work cross-functionally with marketing, ad operations, as well as product and engineering teams to ensure a seamless client advertising experience. This is an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager who’s seeking a creative role with a high degree of autonomy!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage key relationships and communicate Wattpad’s value proposition with stakeholders across brands and agencies to sell and complete successful advertising campaigns on Wattpad
- Prepare creative sales proposals, respond to RFP’s, and provide strategic recommendations to our sales team
- Develop project schedules for both internal and external groups to ensure campaigns run smoothly and on time
- Act as the day-to-day contact for our varied roster of clients – brand direct as well as agency partners
- Work cross organizationally with ad operations, product, marketing, and engineering teams to optimize campaigns and ensure we achieve or exceed client KPIs
- Track, analyze, and report on campaigns
What we’re looking for:
- A dedicated passion for writing, writers, and storytelling
- Experience in the full life cycle of advertising campaigns from proposal and creative development through operation and full reporting
- Strong excel and data skills are a must!
- Someone who thrives in client-facing environments; you’re a self-starter and work well independently
- At least 3+ years of advertising account management experience in a similar startup environment or agency setting
Bonus Points For
- Experience with contesting, experiential events, and first-to-market campaigns
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Lover of pop culture, film, and television
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- $200/month Transit and Home Office Allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, and hybrid office and remote work options
- Corporate discount for a gym membership for you and your family
- Downtown Halifax, NS location, with easy access to transit
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- And a whole lot more!
Wattpad. Where Stories Live.
Wattpad’s vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. The global multiplatform entertainment company uses the power of community and technology to enable the creation and distribution of content across a variety of formats. Its flagship app, Wattpad, is home to a community of more than 90 million people who spend over 23 billion minutes a month engaged in original stories. Tap by Wattpad, the company’s second storytelling product, offers short, chat-based stories in over a dozen languages. Wattpad Studios co-produces stories for film, television, digital and print, together with industry partners. Wattpad Brand Partnerships offers a full suite of advertising products to help brands build deep engagement with Gen Z consumers.