Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 90 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes Wattpad, Wattpad Labs, Wattpad Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
Our Creative Services Manager will support our Creative and Social teams in producing engaging, community-oriented content and marketing materials. As the production taskmaster, you know the details make the difference. You’re passionate about supporting designers and copywriters as they whip up content, design beautiful assets, and coordinate the moving parts to facilitate full-scale campaigns, social content, and video. You’re also not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get creative yourself. Whether it’s sourcing beautiful stock images, managing timelines, and sticking the landing on campaign execution, you understand each part of the lifecycle of a creative project and are a stickler for timelines and budgets. You’re also a keen communicator, capable of working with stakeholders, managing feedback, and helping to balance priorities across the organization. Basically, you know what it takes to make great creative work happen.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Managing internal requests for social and creative work on every scale and across the organization
- Working with in-house and freelance designers, videographers, and copywriters to coordinate tasks
- Liaising with stakeholders to understand asks and collect feedback
- Managing our in-house home feature carousel CMS, schedule, and reporting
- Liaising with Creative Director and Social Media Manager to determine how high-level strategies break out into work back plans
- Managing and archiving internal creative resources
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years in a Producer, Creative Resource, or Project Management role
- Has a strong understanding of the creative process and each person’s role within it
- Experience with creative operations within multi-member teams
- Knowledge of project management software
- A commitment to creative excellence
- An ability to work with stakeholders to communicate timelines, manage expectations, and facilitate feedback clearly and effectively
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Bonus points for Experience with video production and working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- RRSP Contributions
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- $200/month Transit and Home Office Allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, hybrid office and remote work options
- Corporate discount for a gym membership for you and your family
- Downtown Halifax, NS location, with easy access to transit
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- And a whole lot more!
**Update: Wattpad is still actively hiring for this role! We are a robust and growing business; our search for new talent continues.**
Due to the current state with COVID-19, Wattpad will conduct all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third-party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom. Our intention is to respect everybody’s need for safety and adherence to social distancing.
We also want to respect our team’s personal needs and capacity for professional commitments during this time; consequently, our pace for the interviewing process might be impacted.
Wattpad. Where Stories Live.
Wattpad’s vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. The global multiplatform entertainment company uses the power of community and technology to enable the creation and distribution of content across a variety of formats. Its flagship app, Wattpad, is home to a community of more than 90 million people who spend over 23 billion minutes a month engaged in original stories. Tap by Wattpad, the company’s second storytelling product, offers short, chat-based stories in over a dozen languages. Wattpad Studios co-produces stories for film, television, digital and print, together with industry partners. Wattpad Brand Partnerships offers a full suite of advertising products to help brands build deep engagement with Gen Z consumers.
Learn more at: company.wattpad.com or brands.wattpad.com