Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 90 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes: Wattpad, Wattpad Labs, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
We are looking for a Product Experience Designer who cares deeply about understanding users to create optimizations and experiences that drives growth towards our Wattpad Premium Subscription offerings.
You are someone who has worked within user growth and likes to make impact through ongoing optimizations as well as through broader user-value driven improvements. You have a passion to co-create with users, are divergent with solution approaches, and are curious to absorb feedback and data to inform the next iteration. You are someone who enjoys working through rapid iterations and are good at clarifying and communicating both user and business needs. You enjoy working directly with product management, product marketing, engineering, and experience design research squad members to work our way towards delivering exceptional user experiences.
What you’ll be doing:
- Optimizing the presentation and engagement of our subscription offerings to grow our subscription user base
- Discover and define the underlying user motivations to guide us in how we can deliver compelling value to drive users to subscribe
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers and Marketers to discover unmet user needs, design seamless interactions, and create experiences that deliver compelling user value
- Design the UX and UI flows across platforms (web, iOS, AN)
- Develop your design leadership skills by contributing to Wattpad’s existing design practices in mentoring other designers, facilitating design workshops, and leading design events both within Wattpad and with the design community at large
What we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years of experience working with high-paced start-ups, tech companies in a high-paced environment; end-to-end product design where you have shipped optimizations and offers and gained learnings from this experience
- Direct experience in driving B2C paid user conversion is ideal
- Someone who brings an analytical approach with experience looking at user experience metrics to measure performance and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in ambiguity
- You like learning new things within and outside of technology, including technical challenges, product ideas, and business models
- Cross-platform design experience (Web, Android, iOS)
- Experience conducting user research would be a strong asset – if you don’t already have experience with research, be ready to learn
- Proficient in design and facilitation tools such as Figma and Miro
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Interaction Design, HCI, or related discipline
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- RRSP Contributions
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- $200/month Transit and Home Office Allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, hybrid office and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- Downtown Halifax, NS location, with easy access to transit
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- And a whole lot more!
Wattpad. Where Stories Live.
Wattpad’s vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. The global multi-platform entertainment company uses the power of community and technology to enable the creation and distribution of content across a variety of formats. Its flagship app, Wattpad, is home to a community of more than 90 million people who spend over 23 billion minutes a month engaged in original stories. Tap by Wattpad, the company’s second storytelling product, offers short, chat-based stories in over a dozen languages. Wattpad Studios co-produces stories for film, television, digital and print, together with industry partners. Wattpad Brand Partnerships offers a full suite of advertising products to help brands build deep engagement with Gen Z consumers.