Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 90 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes Wattpad, Wattpad Labs, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
Wattpad WEBTOON Studios unites WEBTOON Studios’ expertise and a growing slate of adaptations from some of the world’s most popular digital comics, with Wattpad Studios’ data-backed, audience-driven approach to finding and producing hit TV shows, films, and books. As an audience-driven IP powerhouse, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios unlocks the full potential of WEBTOON and Wattpad’s global IP libraries, a growing roster of superstar creators, and fandoms in every genre. Today, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios has more than 100 projects in development or production, hits on screens everywhere, a thriving global publishing division, and industry-leading expertise in YA and comic adaptations, which are among the most popular and successful categories in entertainment.
As a key member of the Wattpad WEBTOON Studios Talent Team, the Creator Acquisitions Manager will be responsible for the acquisition of the top creators from both Wattpad and WEBTOON platforms, helping them to grow their audience, develop as creators, and find further success through amazing opportunities with Wattpad WEBTOON Studio.
Reporting into the Director of Talent, the right person for this role is enthusiastic about both the publishing and entertainment industries but is also business-minded; they are patient, highly organized, and like to take initiative; they are comfortable delivering both good and bad news to those they are working with. Our Talent Team is the internal representation for the biggest names on Wattpad and WEBTOON and their goal is to ensure those writers are armed with the tools to be as happy and successful as possible.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work closely with the Director of Talent and our Content team to ensure that we are bringing into the Studios writers with the highest potential for success and growth.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day success of a group of top writers (your talent roster) who are actively working with Wattpad WEBTOON Studios.
- Be responsible for building out and executing plans for expanding the reach of our talent to audiences on and off the platform, as well as their growth as professional creators.
- Provide ongoing support for your talent roster throughout all stages of the publishing and/or adaptation process, responding to questions and escalating concerns to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensure all talent are meeting necessary internal and/or external deadlines and behaving in a manner of the utmost professionalism.
- Assist in the execution of opportunities and events where necessary.
- Create and distribute educational resources that will help prepare our creators for success in the industry.
- Be responsible for tracking and invoicing of payments for Wattpad WEBTOON Studios writers.
- Provide viable operational suggestions to help build strong, trustworthy relationships with our authors.
What we’re looking for:
- You are a highly engaged Wattpad and WEBTOON user. Passion for Wattpad and WEBTOON stories of all kinds is a major asset — this role demands immersion in both digital comics and also the publishing and entertainment industries.
- You have 5+ years of experience working in a role related to influencer management, publishing, publicity, or marketing. Experience with user-generated content is a big plus.
- You are a people person. Listening, empathizing, and problem-solving comes naturally to you.
- You are a super-organized multi-tasker who can juggle multiple projects/priorities with ease.
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills. You understand basic contracting.
- You are proficient in GSuite, Word, and Excel. Experience with Salesforce and Docusign is a plus.
Wattpad. Where Stories Live.
Wattpad’s vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. The global multiplatform entertainment company uses the power of community and technology to enable the creation and distribution of content across a variety of formats. Its flagship app, Wattpad, is home to a community of more than 90 million people who spend over 23 billion minutes a month engaged in original stories. Tap by Wattpad, the company’s second storytelling product, offers short, chat-based stories in over a dozen languages. Wattpad Studios co-produces stories for film, television, digital and print, together with industry partners. Wattpad Brand Partnerships offers a full suite of advertising products to help brands build deep engagement with Gen Z consumers.