The Government of Canada, represented by the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) at the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong, in partnership with Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), Invest Hong Kong (Canada) and Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office (HKETO), would like to invite Canadian ICT companies to join the Canadian ICT Trade Mission to Hong Kong, slated for October 27-30, 2021, coinciding with the International ICT Expo. This will be a hybrid event, a combination of a virtual and a physical presence.
What does the Trade Mission offer?
With the aim of helping mission delegates to gather information on market trends and opportunities, connect with prospective customers, and explore partnership opportunities in HK, delegates will receive services offered by the TCS in HK:
– A personalized business matching service for those whose products/services fall into the priority areas listed below.
– A kiosk, virtual and physical, at the Canadian Pavilion at ICT Expo 2021.
Who should join the Mission?
Canadian companies in the priority areas of AI, Big Data, Cloud, IoT for the verticals of:
– Digital Business
– Smart Living (high density environment)
– Governance & Infrastructure
– Transportation & Mobility
Why Hong Kong?
– Highly liberalized ICT market: no import duties, no entry barriers.
– World-class ICT infrastructure and a major ICT hub in Asia.
– Small market, yet mature enough for ICT product demonstration.
– Close proximity to China and numerous key Asian markets.
– HK Government has funding programs aiming to facilitate technology adoptions in local industries:
– C$100,000 per enterprise for improving productivity or upgrading business process.
– C$160,000 per project for R&D project carried out by local technology companies.
– C$2.4 million per project to support manufacturers to set up smart production line.
About International ICT Expo
Organized by HKTDC, ICT Expo is an annual ICT trade show in HK. Reflecting the surging demand for smart city-related technologies, last ICT Expo in 2019 gathered more than 610 exhibitors from 14 countries and regions, adopting the theme of Smart City, Smart Living to showcase cutting-edge solutions in six key areas: Smart Mobility, Smart Living, Smart Environment, Smart People, Smart Government and Smart Economy. The expo attracted over 34,000 buyers from 137 countries and regions. About 60% of buyers came from overseas and 40% from HK. The top ten visiting foreign countries and regions were Mainland China, Korea, USA, Japan, Taiwan, India, Russia, Germany, United Kingdom and Australia.
How to Apply
Fill in and return the application form before 23:59 EST, Friday, September 10, 2021. Applications will be evaluated for suitability for the HK market and applicants must be a qualified Canadian TCS client. Click HERE for the Application Form. For enquiry, email firstname.lastname@example.org at Consulate General of Canada in HK.