Born and raised on Mayne Island British Columbia, Alix is currently living and working in Halifax Nova Scotia.
Having completed her Bachelor of Fine Arts and Diploma of Graphic Design, Alix has been working as a graphic designer, photographer, and illustrator for the last five years
Alix is focused on working with businesses and individuals to create digital experiences and brands that people fall in love with.
• Adobe Creative Suite Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, XD, Acrobat, aftereffects
• HTML/CSS – WordPress, Squarespace
• Team Work
• Time Management
Link to full resume
Mount Allison University
- Sept 2011/May2015 Bachelor of Fine Arts
Nova Scotia Community College
- Sept 2019/April 2021 Graphic Design Diploma
Prismatic Arts Festival
July 2020 - Current
Graphic Designer & Communications Assistant
Currently working for Prismatic Arts Festival as a part-time independent contractor.
– Assisted in further development of the Prismatic brand.
– Collaborating on projects to create layouts and images for written content.
– Designed annual festival multi-page program layout, for both web and print.
– Designing and scheduling social media posts across multiple platforms.
– Website design and management.
March 2019- March 2020
Logistics Coordinator & Graphic Designer
– Acting as the main customer service representative.
– Ensuring consistent client communication resulting in 100% satisfaction.
– Conducting day-to-day project coordination and implementation.
– Creating social media posts, newsletters, and promotional material while following the branding guide.
– Designing, ordering, and inventorying all studio clothing and gear.
Everyday Business Educator
May 2020 - February 2021
Contracted Graphic Designer
– Coordinating and managing multiple client projects and timelines.
– Working alongside entrepreneurs and their coach to create
Don't Shush Me
September 2017 - April 2019
– Product photography for website and promotional material.
– Worked alongside the project manager and company owner to assist with the building and launching of the “Don’t Shush Me” brand
Agricola Street Brasserie
April 2017 - March 2018
Social Media Manager
– Created all social media and promotional content.
– Was responsible for 3 social media posts a week, on both Instagram and on Facebook, as well as keeping all social media up to date with upcoming events and promotions.
– Did all the in-house photography – including the food photography to highlight the launches of features and menu items.
– Responded to any inquiries that come through the social media channels, in a timely and professional manner.