BETH WILLS 52 Whitehall Crescent, 304|Dartmouth, NS B2W 6N8 902-240-6418|W0035349@nscc.ca
July 12, 2021
Human Resource Manager
Dear Hiring Manager:
· HTML5 and CSS5, SSMS, PowerShell and Linux, SAP Predictive Analytics
· SQL, my SQL and Visual Paradigm Networking, Statistical Learning, SAP
· Data Grip, Data Bash, and Git Hub Visual Studio Code, Android Studio
· Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Power BI, SSRS, R, and Flourish
I enjoy solving large complex data problems and the process of building and determining a solution. I am able to quickly identify new resolutions that will solve business problems. Particularly I am very effective in:
· Identifying user requirements to build and administer complex databases
· Ensuring the database is working effectively
· Altering and updating database structure
· Maintaining, backup, and restoration of data
· Programming using both Python and SQL
· Producing data visualizations, dashboards, and other reports
· Mobile development using SSIS
My strong initiative and exceptional organizational skills, combined with my ability to work well under pressure allow me to play a crucial role in fast paced environments. I look forward to hearing from you.
Data Analyst: A results oriented Data Analytics professional with extensive experience and knowledge, having demonstrated competencies in data modeling, data storage structures, data mining, data cleansing, translating data and statistical analysis. A solutions oriented IT Professional with experience directing a broad range of corporate IT objectives. Having solid knowledge of database concepts, designing, backup and recovery as well as analyzing sales figures, and translating numbers and facts for strategic business decisions.
902-240-6418 Data Visualization Programming
W0035349@nscc.ca Critical Thinking Statistical Knowledge
Dartmouth, NS Data Cleansing Data Warehousing
Extract, Transfer, Load Data Modeling
Reliability prior clearance
NSCC Technology Campus Transportation/Infrastructure Renewal Summer Student 2020
Halifax, NS Bedford, NS 05/20-08/20
September 2019 – April 2021
Converted high copy files dealing with subdivisions and various
Bachelor of Business Administration parcels of land in HRM to PDF format
Mount Saint Vincent University
Halifax, NS Converted land plans to electronic format
Human Resource Management Categorized electronic folders and subfolders for linking
NSCC Ivany Campus to digital map showing all scanned land information for NS
Used HPAV (like ESRI) program to locate information
International Business regarding land, roads, and subdivisions
NSCC Truro Campus
Truro, NS Executive Assistant to Director Maternity Leave Salvation Army
Halifax, NS 04/19-09/19
Booked flights and hotels for Director’s trips
SOFTWARE Produced invoices and paid them for A/R as well as producing
cheques for payroll all using QuickBooks
R, Power BI, SSRS, Tableau, Flourish
Recorded and reconciled deposits, produced, printed, and emailed
SQL (MySQL, MS SQL Server Management Studio) quotes using QuickBooks
Advanced Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables), SAP Using Moneris, entered EFT’s for A/R and A/P and logged them
Python, Java, Visual Studio Code, Oracle ODI Scheduled meetings and maintained calendar using Lotus Notes
Visual Paradigm, Linux, PowerShell, MariaDB Created expense reports and budgets
Beth Wills 902 240 6418 W0035349@nscc.ca
WORK EXPERIENCE CONTINUED
Executive Assistant to Director-Business Department ( Contract Maternity Leave ) Salvation Army, Halifax, NS 04/2019 –09/2019
· Logged, entered, submitted, and reconciled receipts into travel expense claim management database for Director
· Maintained confidential files, records, and general management specific reports
· Maintained Director’s complex and frequently changing travel arrangements and coordinated pre planning
· Created expense reports, budgets, and electronic shared and hard copy filing systems
· Distributed company wide announcements
· Booked conference rooms and coordinated catering and ordered AV equipment
Administrative Assistant (Casual Relief), IWK, Halifax, NS 12/2018 –04/2019
· Booked and registered clients for appointments using Meditech system
· Managed physician’s calendars using Outlook calendar functions and schedule meetings
· Scheduled appointments for clients using Outlook calendar functions.
· Invited outside attendees for educational information sessions using Skype links.
· Scheduled virtual appointments for clients using Telehealth (eHealth) system for 6 physicians. Video link between physicians and clients. Booked AV equipment and rooms for appointments
· Answered and directed client inquiries on multi line phone system
· Answered and directed email inquiries
· Filing and retrieving of information using Meditech system
Human Resources Assistant /Health Safety Administration (Temporary), Atlantic Gold Corporation, Halifax, NS 11/2018 – 12/2018
· Processed Employee Leave Requests checking dates requested against dates allotted.
· Entered all types of leave requests such as sick, vacation, days in lieu; into Excel tracking sheet.
· Explained different types of insurance coverage to new hires and provided them with forms and booklets outlining coverage.
· Activated new hires SunLife insurance coverage by entering information into the SunLife website and medical insurance coverage using Desjardins website.
· Entered and maintained data in the Emergency Contact “database” table in Excel using onboarding information such as telephone numbers, and email addresses.
· Edited and updated information for Policy and Procedure manual. Reprinted material and replaced manuals. Created new ones.
· Onboarded new employees by creating electronic and manual files, getting them to fill out forms such as TD1, Life and Medical Insurance, Confidentiality, Communication, Personal Information, following onboarding checklist.
· Created new employee’s files from completed onboarding paperwork. Entered all paperwork into scanner, created pdf’s, and then saved them electronically under correct designation contract, salary, and hourly.
· Entered new employees in Leave list where employees were allotted a certain number of vacation days, sick days, in lieu days depending on employee designation. Developed Excel spreadsheet to keep track of number of days allotted to each employee.
· Printed out offer letters using templates and filling in correct information. Also saved these to employee files electronically.
Secretary II (Temporary), NS Council for the Advisory Status on Women, Halifax, NS 09/2018 – 11/2018
· Composed and edited letters and drafts for Executive Director and Director, Director of Policy and Research, and Councils.
· Created a project charter template for the Director.
· Composed and edited pie and org charts for different types of reports for Director.
· Set up a database in Excel for Council’s contacts that could be used to track invites, RSVP’s, and attendance at events. Also set it up so that contacts could be looked up by job function, title, address, email.
· Printed Minister’s briefings, Memorandums to Executive Council, plans to Executive Council, PowerPoint presentations with Notes.
· Scheduled appointments for executive and management using Outlook.
· Opened and directed incoming and outgoing mail.
Beth Wills 902 240 6418 W0035349@nscc.ca
WORK EXPERIENCE CONTINUED
· Greeted and directed visitors to appropriate office.
· Created an Excel database using table functions and drop downs to be used to track invitations RSVP’s isolate information depending on title; MLA, RCMP.
Special Skills: MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel), Taleo, JobVite, Procura, SharePoint, Access, Meditech, Corel, STAR/STOR, SalesPro, SAP, Visio, and Skype for Business
SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
· Facilitated new hire orientations. Completed onboarding new employees by preparing, editing, updating, and maintaining all digital and hard copy human resource files.
· Scored candidate interviews. Scanned, edited, sorted, assessed, updated, and printed resumes using Taleo and JobVite. Presented talent selection recommendations to management, set up phone and video job interviews using Microsoft calendar functions. Edited and printed offer letters for successful candidates and letters for unsuccessful candidates.
· Educated and advised new employees on group health plans and benefits. Managed and kept track of employee benefits.
· Completed employment verifications, prescreening interviews, and reference checks.
· Processed employee leave requests such as sick time, vacation days, and days in lieu of, bereavement days. Computed, verified, and updated leave request time using tracking database.
· Composed, proofread, and edited letters, minutes, reports, drafts, briefings, proposals, agendas, memos, and project charters, using MS Word for Director, Executive Director, Ministers, Management. Prepared and edited organizational charts, pie charts.
· Created and imported and exported graphs, budgets, pivot tables, databases, and tables in MS Excel. Created and presented PowerPoint presentations used for business development.
· Managed upper level management/other employee travel arrangements, coordinated pre planning of travel for trips and business development including booking rooms, AV equipment, catering. Managed executive calendars coordinating meetings, appointments, events. Processed travel expenses and reimbursements. Processed invoices for accounts receivable and accounts payable. Processed payroll and recorded and reconciled deposits.
· Effectively tracked, ordered, and maintained office supplies/inventory.
· Point of contact for average of 30 incoming phone calls, addressing and resolving inquiries and concerns. Greeted and proactively assisted visitors. Received all incoming correspondence and packages and routed to correct recipient.
· Submitted and reconciled payroll data for 20 employees.
· Conducted research for palliative care physicians. Researched and compiled statistics on aging population for provincial study.
· Booked, registered, retrieved, and printed information using the Meditech system. Updated, edited, and printed client information using STAR/STOR. Used Telehealth to book and coordinate client appointments.
· Typed medical correspondence from dictation including formal correspondence to be submitted to JAMA. Coordinated schedules and calendars for clerks, residents, and physicians using Microsoft schedule functions. Fielded telephone inquiries from clerks and residents regarding credentials transition process
· Maintained patient filing systems electronic and hard copy.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST