KHAGESH PANDYA +1 (902)-579-8450 | email@example.com | www.linkedin.com/in/khagesh-pandya
Ambitious, disciplined and dedicated Master’s student with a passion for data science and data management. Committed to interpreting data and identifying recommendations that support business decisions. Skilled in mathematics and deep knowledge of computer science, ensuring understanding of issues from multiple perspectives. Strong communicator who builds excellent working relationships with team members, achieving common goals on time and budget. Targeting a role that fosters continued growth and professional development that is value driven and client focused.
M.Sc. – Computing & Data Analytics | Saint Mary’s University Jan 2019-May 2020
Relevant Coursework: Statistics and Its Applications in Business | Managing & Programming Databases | Business Intelligence & Visualization | Data and Text Mining | Managing Information Technology and Systems
Bachelor of Engineering – In Computer Engineering | Gujarat Technological University Sept 2014-May 2018
Relevant Coursework: Data Structures | Object Oriented Programming | Database Management Systems | Design and Analysis of Algorithms | Artificial Intelligence | Computer Networks | Information Security | Big Data Analytics
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, C#, Python, R
Database: MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle
Machine Learning: Neural Networks, Statistical Analysis, Image Processing
Tools: SPSS, Visual Studio, Eclipse
Frameworks: Git, Django, JSP, asp.NET, Hadoop, Spark, REST/SOAP, Docker
Data Visualization: Tableau
Software Developer Intern, Effective Teleservices Pvt. Ltd. May 2017- July 2017
• Participated in a team to develop new online recruitment management software, working on database design and backend logic, enhancing and streamlining the process, reducing recruitment time by 40%.
Predicting House Price (Python, Jupyter Notebook) April 2019
• Performed regression analysis and predicted house prices based on given features and identified required key features, creating model that increased accuracy by 15%.
Library Management System (MySQL, MongoDB, asp.NET, Python) April 2019
• Worked on database design and converting MongoDB collections to MySQL tables with required relationships.
• Created web application that managed additional new journals with author’s information.
Sentiment Analysis for Product Rating (Python, Django, MongoDB, NLTK) May 2018
• Overcame fraudulent rating for product by building a simple ecommerce website, enabling users to purchase and review product. NLTK library was used to process review texts that generated rating. Achieved A grade in final submission.
KHAGESH PANDYA firstname.lastname@example.org Pg. 2/2
Extra Curricular Work
Nova Scotia Open Data Challenge | Halifax, Canada 2019
Participated in NS open data challenge and worked on surgical wait times dataset. As surgical wait times is a big issue,
me and my team analyze the dataset to understand underlying problem and provided potential solution.
Volunteer | Maker Fest, Ahmedabad India 2016
Contributed to management team in planning an effective strategy that ensured successful launch of event, including
overseeing everything from venue and catering and escorting visitors to various booths, ensuring friendly and
professional customer service.
Drummer | Guinness Book Of World Record in “Largest Hand Drum Ensemble”, Ahmedabad India 2011
Member of largest hand drum assemble comprised of 310 Tabla players, performing in rhythm for more than 3 hours.
Certified by GWR Committee