firstname.lastname@example.org • https://www.linkedin.com/in/mohamad-chabi-b32a0332/
Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates
I am an accomplished and result oriented IT professional with a litany of training & certifications to credit along with 13+ years of impressive experience in support engineering and IT field engineering, possessing allied exposure in proffering technical support. I am seeking for a pivotal position in a dynamic organization to contribute accrued IT expertise in making tangible contributions towards the strategic growth objectives of the organization.
Systems Operations Center Jan 2010 – Present
Abu Dhabi Ports • Abu Dhabi
• Answering Field incoming help requests from end users via telephone, Web form and e-mail in a Courteous manner.
• Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the Appropriately experienced technician.
• Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked Questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by The organization.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading Software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring Systems and applications.
• Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of Workstations, printers, and peripherals.
• Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
• Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
• Provide 1st level Support to speed up resolution of requests and complaints and help other support group doing their first line of support
• Liaison with staff, vendors, and suppliers to determine users’ requirements, execute projects, set service standards, and ensure quality performance and users’ satisfaction. Troubleshooting and fixing of Desktops, Laptops and Printers hardware issue.
• Configuration of Switch port & VLAN interfaces.
• Monitoring of UPS, Network, systems, and PSS Alerts.
• Ensure that team has appropriate tools and systems available to discharge its responsibilities efficiently and effectively provide asset management services to the IT department ensuring that our records are always appropriate and up to date.
• Always organize available resources effectively and efficiently to deliver required levels of service whilst minimizing costs
• Gain an excellent understanding of the business operations that the team is serving so that decision-making process is always aligned with business expectations.
• Review service delivery statistics and engineer out problems wherever possible to prevent reoccurrence. Promote this approach throughout the team.
• Produce system availability statistics as required by IT and the business to effectively manage the services delivered.
• Analyze performance of team activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
• Assess need for any system/network reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
• Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
• Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of help desk technology procurement and development efforts.
• Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies, oversee installation, and resolve adaptation issues.
• Define purchasing recommendations that support business goals, in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Monitor and analyze trends in company spending and Inventory control to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings.
• Monitor vendor, service provider, outsourcer, and/or contractor performance to ensure quality of service.
• Complete change management assessments
• Identify, analyze, and summarize risks
• Define and measure success metrics and· monitor change progress
• Provide simple and complicated Audio/Video Conference setup.
• VIP support – Skills to manage SLAs and interact with VIP users.
IT Field Engineer Feb 2009 – Jan 2010
Dubai Bank • Dubai
• Solve Desktops/Systems/Peripherals related service calls assigned by IT-Help Desk in all Dubai Bank Branches in a timely manner & to the user’s satisfaction.
• Managing Active Directory (Creating a new account, disabling accounts, resting passwords, giving the permissions for the users … etc.).
• Provide Phone/remote/physical support for service calls assigned by IT-Help Desk in all Dubai Bank Branches in a timely manner & to the user’s satisfaction.
• Configure/Install required OS, hardware & software used by Dubai Bank in a timely manner.
• Configure & support new PCs / Laptops /Blackberries and other equipment.
• Configure & Support IP Phones like Avaya & Alcatel.
• Configure/Install required infrastructure for new branches & ATM machines in a timely manner.
• 1st level support for Cisco Routers and Switches.
• Change Backup Tapes in the branches regularly as per backup policy.
• Handling IT Asset Management System for the Bank.
• Play key role in software & hardware rollouts, migrations & upgrades.
• Experience using HP Open view.
• Coordinates with vendors when necessary for systems support.
IT Support Assistance Jun 2007 – Jan 2009
Dubai Islamic Bank • Dubai
• Hardware installation – set-up, test, deliver and install PC’s.
• Hardware fault diagnosis – identifies the causes of faults, replace faulty components.
• Software installation and upgrades – for Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office Professional (all Bank related software, anti-virus software, WinRAR, WinZip and installation of specialist packages.
• Installation and support for peripherals – e.g. printers, scanners, DVD drives, CD writers etc.
• Supporting Users with Various Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office and other Applications.
• Configure Cisco IP Phone sets
• Experience using HP Open view application.
• Coordinate with external vendors.
Bachelor of Computer Applications Jun 2002 – Dec 2006
Bangalore University • Bangalore
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
• ITIL V3 Foundation
• Microsoft Certified System Engineer (Windows Server 2000)
• Milestone Certified Integration Technician