WF17 7AY Batley, West Yorkshire, UK
Mobile +44 7438 056555, email@example.com
An experienced IP Core Network Engineer with a proven track record in implementing, optimizing, troubleshooting, monitoring and deploying the core backbone, security and client focused projects to deliver innovative customized solutions across all key global markets. Skilled in project coordination, leading, coaching and mentoring teams of Technical Engineers through all aspects of the project life cycle, from planning through deployment, to handover and post implementation support. Results orientated and customer focused, with excellent relationship management skills, working with major commercial and public safety network clients.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Configuration & Troubleshooting managed LAN / WAN, IP, MPLS VPN, RSVP, and BGP Peering.
· Cisco Experience Nexus NX-OS, Nexus 7000, 6000, Nexus 5500, 2000FeX
· Experience and good understanding of NOC, Incident, Change Management & CAB Process.
· Excellent understanding of switching and routing (unicast/multicast) design principles and related protocols (ISIS/OSPF/EIGRP/BGP).
· Experience in network trend analysis and optimization techniques utilizing packet capture, SNMP, HPOV/FV , RMON, WAN & traffic Optimizer, Netflow, and IPSec/VPN design expertise (IPSec/GRE).
· Cisco IOS, HP Procurve Switches, In-Reach Terminal Server, Tellabs, Huawei, in-depth knowledge (ISR/18xx through 76xx/ASR/CRS-1, Juniper MX series, Motorola MoCa Router).
· Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, FortiGate and Juniper SRX firewalls, Cisco TACACS and radius platform, L2TP and Pseudowires technologies. Cisco ACS, F5 Load balancer.
· Good understanding of Linux/ UNIX / Windows based systems, Virtualization (virtualbox, VMware) and project processes.
Media Team IT
Network Engineer July2018–Mar2019
· Responsible for overseeing the Planning, Migration of network and Security Infrastructure.
· Responsible for end to end design evaluation, HLD, LLD, choosing product like IPS, Firewall.
· Responsible for solution load balancer services, Cisco ACE replaced with F5 Load Balancer.
· Responsible for evaluating the current Firewall rules on Cisco ASA and Fortinet.
· Back Office support for project Network rollout implementations, Integration of NE, Change Management related activities.
· Responsible for replacement of end of Life Switches with Cisco Nexus 5596 and Cisco 4500.
Telefonica – O2 – Germany Feb2017–June2018
Sr. Network IP Consultant
· Provided operational support, problem management, design input, change related activities, project implementation for the IP Core / Access, Network Swap /3G/LTE.
· Network Root cause analysis and fault resolution, L2 / L3 support
· Monitoring of End to End Network Performance of IP core network, 3G/LTE Access networks.
· Preventive Maintenance; Identification, follow up and resolution of degradation/Points of failure which may impede Service Quality.
· Conducted the Network inspection for smooth operation and resolved/Removed any issues (BFD, LDP, Polices, Peering and BGP Groups).
· Implemented (changes-/Addition/correction of) configurations in Core Routers (Cisco, Juniper, Huawei and Tellabs), OSPF, BGP/BGP-Peering, MPLS, RSVP, Traffic Shaping, and coloring techniques.
· Planed/Managed/upgrade Network OS/Configuration and assisted the Field Engineers to swap and for any issues occurred during the implementation and Migration.
· Escalated the critical network issues to Vendors.
· Multivendor Network, Cisco, Huawei, Tellabs-Corriant, Nokia, NetAct, Cisco ASA-FW, Remedy TS (UTS), Ca Spectrum, XAKTA, NT Portal, Confluence, SESAM.
NOKIA – Europe Jan2016–Jan2017
Sr. Network IP Engineer (for Telefonica – O2)
· Provided operational support, problem management, design input, change related activities and project implementation for overall 3G/LTE Network.
· Configuration and troubleshooting IP/MPLS networks
· Monitoring of End to End Network Performance of IP /MPLS network, 3G/LTE Access networks.
· Root cause analysis, Identification, follow up and resolution of fault/degradation/Points of failure which may impede Service Quality.
· Provided guidance and support for software upgrades / Change Requests of network Nodes.
· Escalated the critical network issues to Vendors.
· Preventive Maintenance; Conduct Network inspection for smooth operation and resolve any issues.
· Assist 3G/LTE Field Engineers for issues related to IP RAN
· Multivendor Network, Cisco, Tellabs, Corriant, Huawei-CX600-X2, ATN910, Nokia-OSS-DXX-NetAct, NMS, ASA-FW, Juniper MX104, Sysloger-Awacs, TeMIP, e-health, Transtool, Leicas, Cisco ACS,
Remedy TS (UTS), Confluence, Ca Spectrum NM.
AT&T, Germany Aug2015-Dec2015
Sr.Network and Security Consultant
· Network Operations Support for European Energy provider – Vattenfall.
– Delivery of Network rollout Project activities across different technologies such as:
– Cisco Nexus 5k, 2k, Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3850 Switches
– Cisco 7600, 7500, 7200, 3900, 3800, 2900 Routers
– Palo Alto, Cisco ACE replaced with F5 Load Balance solutions based on BIG-IP products
· Incident-based trouble tickets and Root cause analysis and fault resolution.
GT Partners, Germany Sept2014-July2015
· Network -upgrade rollout project, including ICT control rooms, (Routers, Switches, Servers, and Gateways) and network operations center (NOC).
· Validated and verified the IP Network upgrade plan, Solutions/interfaces, Network Management Center, LAN, WAN Interfaces, L2/L3 Network support.
· VPN implementation (Site-to-Site, IPsec, Remote Access, Cisco VPN Client), Cryptography, AAA, Radius, Firewall ASA550x, 802.1x, Cisco AnyConnect.
DSCI Inc. Nov2013–Aug 2014
Core Switch Network Specialist
· Country wide TETRA / LMR Network Acceptance/Rollout Project of -Public Safety Radio Network Project of Saudi MOI.
NSC Global April2013 –Nov2103
· Responsible for the Global Integration and Upgrade Rollout Project Team for SIEMENS
· Responsible for ICT, CISCO R&S Networking, Network Solutions, Network Design, Planning, Deployment, Implementation, Configuration, Testing, Troubleshooting, Network management, Monitoring, Problem Analysis, Change Management, Remote Configuration and Changes, Technical Documentation, Technical Drawings, SharePoint, update reporting to management.
· CISCO Router, Cisco Catalyst, Firewall ASA5500,LAN,WAN,WLAN (Wi-Fi), IP MPLS, Frame Relay, IP Address management, IPsec VPN, VLAN, SSH, VoIP, SIP, Spectrum NM, HPOV, Lynx, Cisco Works, Cisco Compliance Manager (Cisco Prime), Remote Access- Terminal server, Solar wind tools.
MediaTeam IT June2012-March2013
Network Engineer – (LAN / WAN)
LCC International Inc. Nov 2008 –May 2012
Senior Network Engineer
· Country wide TETRA / LMR Network Project of -Public Safety Radio Network of Saudi MOI.
GIGA-STREAM Technologies GmbH, Germany Jan 2008 – July 2008
TETRON GmbH, Austria (Motorola Daughter Company) Apr 2007 – Dec 2007
MOTOROLA Inc. Berlin, Germany Dec 2000 – Mar 2007
Senior System Engineer
· Worldwide projects in the area of TETRA / LMR Mobile Technologies (Dimetra IP) Design & Development, Solutions, Installation, Configuration, SAT, FAT.
SIEMENS AG. Düsseldorf, Germany July2000- Nov2000
System Engineer GPRS Network infrastructure
· Responsible for the customer system acceptance tests, configuration, System Setup, Customer System Support for the GPRS System and to provide support to the customer on Site (Mobile Telephone Operator Vodafone-NOC). IP, LAN/WAN, Routing & Switching and Linux/Unix Server Platforms- SIEMENS GPRS Solution.
Fraunhofer Institute- GMD, Germany Jan2000-June2000
Research Scientific Assistant for Virtual Private Office Project, GMD-SIT
IGDV, Darmstadt, Germany 1999
Jafri Associates, 1991- 1994
System Support Engineer
M.Sc. Engineering in Communication & Information Technology Feb2000
University of Applied Sciences Darmstadt, Germany
M.Sc. Physics/Electronics Systems, KU
Certification & Trainings
· Engineer for Communication Systems Certificate, ISYS Team, Germany Nov.1997-June 1998
· Linux / Unix / Windows
· CompTIA + , Fortinet Fort iGATE , F5 – BIG IP
· Cisco – Introduction to the Internet of Things 2.0 EN 201807
· Cisco Cyber Security
· Cisco CCNA R&S Certified (CSCO12251957)
· Cisco CCNP R&S Certified (CSCO12251957)
· Cisco CCNA-V Certified (CSCO12251957)
· Cisco ASA FW Certified (CSCO12251957)
· Palo Alto PCNSE (#: M45H98S1CE4QQQGK)
· Checkpoint Firewall CCSA #CP0000105141
· NOKIA Trainings:
Nokia Cyber Security Aware
Nokia Firewall Threat Control and Cisco ASA
NOKIA Cisco Nexus5k & 7k Monitoring
Nokia Switched Network DC, Nokia IP MPLS, Nokia MPLS VPLs
Nokia Basic Setup and Operation of MPLS Layer3 VPNs
Nokia ITIL Awareness Certificate
Nokia Health and Safety in Customer Projects
Nokia Understanding 5G
Languages German, English