Ricky Minwoo Yang
1271 Church St Halifax, NS B3J
902 220 7621| rickyang.netlify.com |Minwoo.Yang@dal.ca
– University of Wollongong (Australia)
Bachelor of Information Technology, Network Management (2016-2018)
– Dalhousie University (Canada)
Bachelor of Computer Science (Transferred from 2019 to present) GPA: 3.50/4.30
– Language: Java, HTML, CSS, Java Script, Junit, Python, jQuery, PHP, R
– Database: MySQL, Raiser’s Edge (Blackbaud Cloud DB), MyPOS, PostgreSQL
– Tools: GitHub, Microsoft Office365 (Excel, Word, Power Automate, SharePoint), Azure, Cisco Network
Junior Software Developer Co-op 2021 Jan – April
Intricate – Halifax, NS
– Create and perform SQL database migration scripts.
– Use the Junit framework to create automated tests.
– Document the code at an appropriate level of detail.
– Create a code and query using Java, Spring and internal software.
– Find a root issue and debug to maintain the company web infrastructure services.
IT Specialist Intern 2020 May – Dec
Discovery Centre – Halifax, NS
– Install, configure, backup and provide general support of server, technology service.
– Troubleshoot as many users-reported issues as expertise permits available tools.
– Administration support and configuration of Microsoft Office for staffs.
– Fulfill database management (Export requested data, clean redundant and duplicate records from the database).
– Create a web responsive site using web developing tools such as basic PHP and Semantic UI.
Data Validate Associate 2019 Dec to 2020 May
Symcor – Halifax, NS
– Key multiple fields of data from images for GBS Business Channels/Customers and other Symcor applications.
– Maintained a high level of productivity based on the application productivity standards – measured in keystrokes per hour and varying by application discipline.
– Maintained a high level of accuracy in each application giving special attention to minimizing client impact errors.
– Delivered exceptional customer service through teamwork and quality commitments.
– Handled daily workflow to optimize utilization of GBS systems and applications.
Extra- Curricular Experience
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner 2021 – 2024
– Obtained a certificate that lasts 3 years.
Blue Thumb Project – Halifax, NS 2020 June – Sep
– Collaborate with a diverse team of 5 students to build a website and understand how the card system works.
– Identified assignment requirements, then completed analysis, design, implementation, and testing.
– Successfully communicated the scope of the project by writing clear, accurate technical specifications and presenting the project summary for the clients.
– Website is available at http://bluethumbtechnologies.herokuapp.com
STEM Fellowship Dalhousie VP of Internal Affairs 2020 Sep – Present
– Communicate with members and designate tasks for general members.
– Prepare agendas and send out meeting notice upon request of the president.
– Keep minutes of all official meetings.
The Navigator Sydney School of Entrepreneurship 2018 Mar – Sep
– Provided an opportunity to build a Network between different Universities in a state of New South Wales.
– Selected as one of the students who represents University of Wollongong.
– Gained skills and knowledge of local startup ecosystems in NSW as useful information and tools to fulfill entrepreneurial aspiration.
Reference Available Upon Requests
- 2019-2022 Bachelor of Computer Science