6063 South Street, Halifax, NS
Master of Applied Computer Science Student at Dalhousie University, with over 4 years of freelance
development experience, specialising in Full Stack Software Development; currently seeking an internship
position where I can apply my Full Stack Web development skills and experiences as a productive member
of the development team.
Summary: I have over four years of work experience in the IT and Financial Services industry where I learnt first-hand the impact of leadership, professionalism, team work, customer service, resource allocation and proactivity in a dynamic business ecosystem. I am experienced in several Object Oriented Design and Development methodologies, and several software development (front-end, and back-end) languages, tools, and frameworks as well; including the MEAN Stack, React JS, D3 Visualisation Library, GitHub, Typescript, Android Development, UI UX Design, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Docker.
Skills & Technologies
SQL Git Version Control
PHP SASS Node
Mobile Development Android Studio
1 of 2
Data Analytics and Visualisation
Mongo DB MySQL
Software Development CI/CD Cloud Computing Networking
A pro bono website development project to support a church with its mission to create an environment
where young people are encouraged to freely express themselves.
NEW SPRING CHURCH (newspringhamilton.ca)
Technologies: AWS EC2, WordPress, PHP, CSS, HTML5, Photoshop
The team and I designed and implemented a mobile application for the Android platform that allows
professors to capture class attendance in real-time via mobile devices; using GPS to ensure the students
are within the range of the lecture. The project included a RESTful API written in PHP.
Technologies: Android, Java, PHP, SQL, GPS, Git, Sketch,
A personal resume website to capture information that do not fit into the typical paper resume. This also
was a project to gauge and improve my proficiency level working with several current technologies and
PERSONAL RESUME WEBSITE (samsonmaconi.com)
A full-stack visualisation project to develop an Interactive Visualisation tool for analysing the
Government of Canada’s Permanent Residency Immigration Data using D3.js. Developed to
demonstrate the use of visualisation to effectively investigate and explore huge data sets.
MAPLE PR VIS (maple-pr-vis.samsonmaconi.com)
Technologies: TypeScript, D3js, SASS, MongoDB Atlas Cloud, Express, AngularJS, Node, AWS (EC2, S3)
English (Fluent), French (Elementary), Yoruba (Native)
Swimming Music Technology Travel Art Design Finance
902-580-6278 samsonmaconi.com email@example.com 2
CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORKING ASSOCIATE
ORACLE CERTIFIED ASSOCIATE
Cisco Systems, 2012
Oracle Corporation, 2011
Other Skills: Redis, Django, Application Development, UI UX Design, Google, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), jQuery, Multi Platform, Software Developer, Software Development, Wireframing, Mockflow, Optimization, Redux, Linux, Software Engineering, Technical, Software Development Life Cycle, Database Programming, Agile Methodologies, Best Coding Practices, Back End, Front End, Full-stack, Testing, Object Oriented Design and Development, UNIX, Distributed Computing, Data Structures and Algorithms, Software Engineering, SAAS, RESTful APIs, ES6.
Guaranty Trust Bank Treasury, Mar 2015 – Jul 2018
– Managed an investment portfolio worth over $1.70 billion
– Met the bank’s funding requirements via the Money Market at the lowest possible cost
– Grew the profit between Takings and Placements within the interbank market by brokering trade
deals with international banks including Citibank New York, RBC, and Deutsche Bank.
– Collaborated with the Technology team for several automation projects including the migration of
a major banking application (Project Calypso)
DBH Solutions, Dec 2012 – Sep 2013
– Performed general system and network administrative tasks on Windows, MacOS, and Ubuntu platforms
– Provided project management support for projects under development
– Created project execution plans for new projects with the use of MS-Projects
– Designed MS-Visio floor layout plans for several infrastructure projects
– Compiled project proposal documents for prospective clients
– Contributed to general system and network administrative tasks on Windows and Ubuntu platforms
– Developed an inventory management system, using MS Excel VBA, to support inventory management.
– Successfully represented three office floors to scale for an in-house structured cabling project using MSVisio
Financial Datanet House Limited (FDHL), Mar 2011 – Aug 2011
MASTER OF APPLIED COMPUTER SCIENCE
Dalhousie University, Sept 2018 – Present
BACHELOR OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Covenant University, 2012
Courses: Visual Analytics, Data Warehousing and Analytics, Visualisation, Communication Skills,
Mobile Computing, Quality Assurance, Cloud Computing, Network Security
- Sept 2018 - May 2020 Masters of Applied Computer Science